Hours: Open for residents Monday – Saturday, 8 to 10 a.m., 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m.. Close Sunday
Hours: Open for residents Monday – Sunday, 4 to 7 p.m., and Sunday, 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Living in western Pennsylvania (near Pittsburgh, Erie, Johnstown and Cleveland, Ohio) offers many recreational, shopping, cultural and educational opportunities.
On campus, residents enjoy an amazing variety of leisure activities including community outings, sports, crafts, lifelong learning opportunities, religious services, arts and games.
Our campus is a full service community unto itself including a 24-hour wellness center, pool, assembly room, church services and full-time clergy, a general store, hair salon, library, meditation room, art studio, billiard hall, woodworking shop, two restaurants and more!
The Masonic fraternity is active on the campus with gatherings each month.
- Andy Warhol Art Museum
- Benedum Center for the Performing Arts
- Carnegie Science Center and Museums
- Fort Pitt Museum
- Gateway Clipper riverboat cruises
- Grove City and Tanger Outlet Malls
- Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts
- Mount Washington look-out points
- Phipps Conservatory
- Pittsburgh Sports
- Pittsburgh Symphony
- Pittsburgh Zoo
- Rivers Casino
Reading and Study
Residents also participate in monthly religious discussion groups when a Buddhist monk, Rabbi, Priest or Minister leads a conversation on a different topic. Everyone is invited.
Arts & Crafts
- 500 Club – a trick-taking game that is an extension of Euchre with some ideas from Bridge, for two to six players
- J.S. Poker
- Chase the Ace
- Tripoly – three card games in one: Hearts, Poker and Michigan Rummy. Uses a game board and chips.
- 500 Refresher
- Duplicate Bridge
- Sit N B Fit Exercise Class
- Stretching Class
- Water Exercise Class
- Walking Club – Explore outdoor and indoor paths
For information about all wellness opportunities, contact the Barley Wellness Center at ext. 3095