Masonic Village News
With age, many people begin to lose their ability to complete tasks that were once effortless for them. While they may start to rely on others to assist them and experience feelings of helplessness, a loss of independence is a roadblock that can be hurdled.
For those facing a terminal illness, their last wishes often revolve around three simple things: family, comfort and home. The care and support Masonic Village Hospice provides prioritizes these wishes so patients can pass in peace and on their own terms.
Moving a loved one into a long term care community, nursing home or assisted living/personal care home can raise many questions and concerns. Masonic Villages’ team of admissions staff and social workers are here to assist every step of the way.
For 20 years, Masonic Village at Elizabethtown's music therapists have explained and demonstrated the difference between therapy and entertainment. While all music therapists need to be musicians, not all musicians should be music therapists.
Some people consider winter to be “the most wonderful time of the year." However, for those with chronic joint pain, the season's downward-shifting temperatures can make it the most painful time of the year.
Eating well and exercising makes your body healthy and strong, but have you ever wondered what you can do to keep your brain fit? Members of the Masonic Village's Brain Fitness Club realized that, like many things in life, you either use it or lose it.
Additional News & Publications
- Child care facility at Masonic Village moves to a new building
- Lawyer to take reins at Masonic Villages
- Masonic Villages undergoing leadership change
- Whisk Cafe coming to Elizabethtown; farm-to-table restaurant to open this fall near train station
- President of new division at Masonic Village in Elizabethtown says becoming a nurse opened up career options
- Research examines stream restorations with an eye on improving Chesapeake Bay
- A Tour of Lancaster County’s Most Charming Small Churches
- Celebrating Music Therapy
- Loomers Share the Love
- Risk of falls increases as you age, but they are preventable
- A final salute: Veteran volunteers with Masonic Village Hospice present ceremony and comfort to those who served
- Local veteran reflects on service on 100th Veterans Day
- World War II veterans meet for the first time
- 100 and counting: Lancaster County centenarians continue to live meaningful lives – Jim Sheffer, 100
- Masonic Villages Goes Big on ‘Smart IQ’ Homes for Aging in Place
- Living Smart: Wall Street Journal Podcast
- Lancaster County has a fourth barn quilt; The newest one’s in Elizabethtown
- Technology that residents want and communities need
- Masonic Village launches group to promote brain fitness
- New Elizabethtown College program bridges gap between millennials, seniors
- Masonic Village is taking a worthwhile step in leading on solar power
- Flag display honors military lives lost since 9/11
- Masonic Village to have the most solar power of any retirement community in U.S.
- After 80 years, memories of Lancaster County girls’ softball league are bright as diamonds
- Masonic Village getting ‘smart’ technology
- A century later, Masonic Children’s Home graduate sparks cottage renovations as a legacy
- Elizabethtown: College, retirees, trains and chocolate anchor town that’s close to everywhere
- Masonic Villages proposes $19M townhome project next to E-town Amtrak station
- Retirement campus tests smart-home tools
- Well Workplace honors go to 26 Lancaster County employers
- Masonic Village in Elizabethtown starts $7M upgrade of its historic hub
- Challenge by incoming Masonic Villages residents asks people to work out for charity
- Angel Among Us: Bleiler Caring Cottage continues to thrive on mother’s craftiness
- Retirees Display ‘Lifelong Pride’ in Blue-and-White Communities
- Retirement communities thinking green, not gray
- Elizabethtown Masonic Village helps patients and families by granting ‘final wishes’
- Wellness that works: 16 tested ideas from local companies
- Lancaster County hospice patient, 89, treated to final flight ‘date’ with his wife
- Woman donates ten million dollars to local children’s home
- Former resident leaves $10.9M to Masonic Children’s Home in Elizabethtown
- Aging to perfection: Couple having vine time since moving to Masonic Village
- Check out one of Central Pa.’s most impressive hidden gardens
Tina L. Lutter, APR
Corporate Director of Public Relations
Masonic Villages and Ashlar Creative Solutions
717-367-1121, ext. 33285
Debra L. Davis
Public Relations Manager
717-367-1121, ext. 33529