Masonic Village News
For 20 years, Masonic Village at Elizabethtown's music therapists have explained and demonstrated the difference between therapy and entertainment. While all music therapists need to be musicians, not all musicians should be music therapists.
Some people consider winter to be “the most wonderful time of the year." However, for those with chronic joint pain, the season's downward-shifting temperatures can make it the most painful time of the year.
Eating well and exercising makes your body healthy and strong, but have you ever wondered what you can do to keep your brain fit? Members of the Masonic Village's Brain Fitness Club realized that, like many things in life, you either use it or lose it.
For the past 20 years, Masonic Village music therapists have made a significant impact on residents, family members and guests’ lives, and have also supervised, coached, guided and taught hundreds of students. Current intern, Kelsey Tucker, shares her experience.
As the 2017 holiday season approached, Mike and Alice Hamilton decided they had reached a point in their lives where they had everything they wanted and needed. Instead of purchasing Christmas gifts for each other, they decided to purchase a variety of items through the Masonic Villages Giving Catalog to benefit residents.
Northwest EMS operates four stations and serves a population of over 55,000 residents in 15 municipalities. Community Cupboard of Elizabethtown is an emergency food program serving an average of 195 individuals monthly. In an effort to “go green,” Masonic Villages is donating money saved on production costs of its Report to the Community to charitable organizations. A $3,500 donation was made to Northwest EMS for its bullet-resistant vest campaign, and a $2,800 donation was made to Community Cupboard on behalf of Masonic Village at Elizabethtown.
Additional News & Publications
- Research examines stream restorations with an eye on improving Chesapeake Bay
- A Tour of Lancaster County’s Most Charming Small Churches
- Masonic Village Farm plants 850 trees on first day of spring
- Celebrating Music Therapy
- Loomers Share the Love
- Risk of falls increases as you age, but they are preventable
- A final salute: Veteran volunteers with Masonic Village Hospice present ceremony and comfort to those who served
- Local veteran reflects on service on 100th Veterans Day
- World War II veterans meet for the first time
- 100 and counting: Lancaster County centenarians continue to live meaningful lives – Jim Sheffer, 100
- Masonic Villages Goes Big on ‘Smart IQ’ Homes for Aging in Place
- Living Smart: Wall Street Journal Podcast
- Lancaster County has a fourth barn quilt; The newest one’s in Elizabethtown
- Technology that residents want and communities need
- Masonic Village launches group to promote brain fitness
- New Elizabethtown College program bridges gap between millennials, seniors
- Masonic Village is taking a worthwhile step in leading on solar power
- Flag display honors military lives lost since 9/11
- Masonic Village to have the most solar power of any retirement community in U.S.
- After 80 years, memories of Lancaster County girls’ softball league are bright as diamonds
- Masonic Village getting ‘smart’ technology
- A century later, Masonic Children’s Home graduate sparks cottage renovations as a legacy
- Elizabethtown: College, retirees, trains and chocolate anchor town that’s close to everywhere
- Masonic Villages proposes $19M townhome project next to E-town Amtrak station
- Retirement campus tests smart-home tools
- Well Workplace honors go to 26 Lancaster County employers
- Masonic Village in Elizabethtown starts $7M upgrade of its historic hub
- Challenge by incoming Masonic Villages residents asks people to work out for charity
- Group of World War II vets will soon meet for final time at Elizabethtown retirement community
- Angel Among Us: Bleiler Caring Cottage continues to thrive on mother’s craftiness
- Masonic Village resident spends time helping others
- Retirees Display ‘Lifelong Pride’ in Blue-and-White Communities
- Retirement communities thinking green, not gray
- Elizabethtown Masonic Village helps patients and families by granting ‘final wishes’
- Wellness that works: 16 tested ideas from local companies
- Music therapy renews voice of woman with MS, turning her poems into songs
- Lancaster County hospice patient, 89, treated to final flight ‘date’ with his wife
- Woman donates ten million dollars to local children’s home
- Former resident leaves $10.9M to Masonic Children’s Home in Elizabethtown
- Music therapy can be good medicine
- Aging to perfection: Couple having vine time since moving to Masonic Village
- Check out one of Central Pa.’s most impressive hidden gardens
Tina L. Lutter, APR
Corporate Director of Public Relations
Masonic Villages and Ashlar Creative Solutions
717-367-1121, ext. 33285
Debra L. Davis
Public Relations Manager
717-367-1121, ext. 33529