Masonic Village News
When entering Masonic Village at Elizabethtown, you will notice the historic stone buildings, quaint cottages and lush green gardens..and also blue, black, and red security vehicles driven by security officers keeping watch on these beautifully kept grounds. Valerie Gray, a 10-year veteran with Masonic Villages, assists her fellow officers in keeping the residents and visitors safe and secure.
Esther Slemenda can keep a secret. After all, she did it for a living. Although the details of her work are classified, she is still able to share other stories from her 105 years.
Each month, nearly 200 seniors in Luzerne County rely on the Weinberg Northeast Regional Food Bank to keep from going hungry. In an effort to “go green,” Masonic Villages is donating money saved on production costs of its Report to the Community to charitable organizations serving seniors across Pennsylvania. A $2,000 donation was made to the Weinberg Northeast Regional Food Bank on behalf of the Masonic Village at Dallas.
Frank Stoltzfus, agricultural production supervisor, took a break from managing Masonic Village's herd of 500 to 600-head of beef cattle for a two-month missionary trip to Zambia, Africa. His dedication to animals and helping others is a lifelong mission.
In addition to running Meal on Wheels, a food pantry and a thrift shop, Colonial Neighborhood Council receives new requests for assistance daily. In an effort to “go green,” Masonic Villages is donating money saved on production costs of its Report to the Community to charitable organizations serving seniors across Pennsylvania. A $2,500 donation was made to the Colonial Neighborhood Council on behalf of the Masonic Village at Lafayette Hill.
Nelson Kilmer, maintenance manager at Masonic Village at Elizabethtown, grew up around cows - not beef cattle, but the Holsteins on his family's dairy farm. Although he studied theology and psychology (which he uses in his current job) as a student at Bob Jones University in Greenville, South Carolina, he planned to be a dairy farmer, too.
Additional News & Publications
- Living Smart: Wall Street Journal Podcast
- Lancaster County has a fourth barn quilt; The newest one’s in Elizabethtown
- Technology that residents want and communities need
- Masonic Village launches group to promote brain fitness
- New Elizabethtown College program bridges gap between millennials, seniors
- Masonic Village is taking a worthwhile step in leading on solar power
- Flag display honors military lives lost since 9/11
- Masonic Village to have the most solar power of any retirement community in U.S.
- After 80 years, memories of Lancaster County girls’ softball league are bright as diamonds
- Masonic Village getting ‘smart’ technology
- A century later, Masonic Children’s Home graduate sparks cottage renovations as a legacy
- Elizabethtown: College, retirees, trains and chocolate anchor town that’s close to everywhere
- Masonic Villages proposes $19M townhome project next to E-town Amtrak station
- Retirement campus tests smart-home tools
- Well Workplace honors go to 26 Lancaster County employers
- Masonic Village in Elizabethtown starts $7M upgrade of its historic hub
- Challenge by incoming Masonic Villages residents asks people to work out for charity
- Masonic Village in Elizabethtown will add 72 cottages in $30M expansion
- Group of World War II vets will soon meet for final time at Elizabethtown retirement community
- Angel Among Us: Bleiler Caring Cottage continues to thrive on mother’s craftiness
- Masonic Village resident spends time helping others
- Retirees Display ‘Lifelong Pride’ in Blue-and-White Communities
- Retirement communities thinking green, not gray
- Elizabethtown Masonic Village helps patients and families by granting ‘final wishes’
- Wellness that works: 16 tested ideas from local companies
- Music therapy renews voice of woman with MS, turning her poems into songs
- Lancaster County hospice patient, 89, treated to final flight ‘date’ with his wife
- Woman donates ten million dollars to local children’s home
- Former resident leaves $10.9M to Masonic Children’s Home in Elizabethtown
- Music therapy can be good medicine
- Wired Retired: How one senior uses technology to track his health
- Aging to perfection: Couple having vine time since moving to Masonic Village
- Check out one of Central Pa.’s most impressive hidden gardens
- Masonic Villages Completes $20 Million Expansion, Renovation Project
- Masonic Village Farm honored for beef quality program
- Monarch butterflies rule in Elizabethtown
Tina L. Lutter, APR
Corporate Director of Public Relations
Masonic Villages and Ashlar Creative Solutions
717-367-1121, ext. 33285
Debra L. Davis
Public Relations Manager
717-367-1121, ext. 33529